Sunday, 5 February 2017

Sattu and spinach pancakes or fritters!!!

Sattu is not anything new for the Hindi belt! But for me it was a revelation. I gathered that much that it is a nutritious and filling food, but how do you eat it. Parantha is not my choice as I wanted to avoid wheat! Winters do not permit me to make a cooling drink of sattu! So I developed my own recipe!!!

SATTU-SPINACH PANCAKES

- half a cup of Sattu ( i used organic)
- 1 heaped Tablespoon of Besan
- Chopped spinach (sauteed if you prefer)
- green chillis (optional)
- salt, pepper, or any other spice you prefer


Mix the two flours together in a little bit of water to make a thick batter. Add chopped spinach and salt and spices.


Spread a think layer of oil in a non stick pan, pour a ladle full of batter and spinach mix in the frying pan and cook on low flame. Flip the pancake when heated through and when you see bubbles on tip. brown both the sides. Serve with green Chutney or whatever you feel like!!!!